Personal Auto Insurance

As a veterinarian, you have many insurance needs. To streamline service, consider using the same insurance agency to handle your business and personal insurance needs. Vetinsure offers business and personal insurance exclusively for the veterinary industry.

Vetinsure makes it easy to review personal auto policies and compare pricing. We've compiled an overview of personal auto options to help you navigate the process. Through our partnership with Bolt Access, you have access to an online comparative quoting platform!

To apply online click here!


What is Personal Auto Insurance?

Personal auto insurance covers damage that occurs during non-job-related driving. It pays for damage to your car and other vehicles involved in an accident. It also covers medical payments for injuries suffered in the accident.

Most veterinarians who carry car insurance for business vehicles also need personal auto coverage. Business auto insurance typically offers no coverage for personal driving. For example, if a veterinarian becomes involved in an accident while commuting to their practice, most business auto policies would not cover the damage.

What Types of Coverage Are Available?

All states require owners of passenger vehicles to carry personal auto insurance. However, state-required coverage and liability limits vary depending on where you live. Most veterinarians carry a combination of seven common types of personal auto insurance.

Liability Insurance

Most states require drivers to carry liability insurance. There are two kinds of coverage:

  • Property damage liability pays for others’ property damage if you’re responsible for the accident.
  • Bodily injury liability helps cover others’ medical expenses if you caused the crash.

Medical Payments Coverage

Medical payments coverage pays for expenses related to injuries. It can cover the driver and passengers traveling in the insured vehicle. This coverage is mandatory in some states.

Personal Injury Protection (PIP)

PIP insurance, which is available only in certain states, covers medical expenses suffered in an accident. It also covers additional expenses, including lost wages, childcare, and other costs directly related to the accident.

Uninsured Motorist Coverage

Uninsured motorist coverage helps pay for your medical bills if an uninsured driver hits you. Some policies also pay for property damage. Some states require uninsured coverage, while others make it optional.

Collision Coverage

Collision coverage is optional in most states. It helps you pay for damage to your car if you’re in a crash with another car or if you hit an inanimate object.

Comprehensive Coverage

Comprehensive insurance, optional in most states, covers expenses related to a car damaged by something other than a collision. It helps cover the repair of a vehicle damaged by fire, rain, hail, wind, and snowstorms. It also covers costs related to vehicle theft and vandalism.

Gap Insurance

Gap insurance, optional in most states, helps cover an outstanding auto loan if your vehicle is stolen or beyond repair. It covers the gap between the loan amount and the car’s depreciated value.

Looking for Personal Auto Coverage? Trust Vetinsure

Vetinsure has partnered with Bolt Access to offer the best personal auto policy options for veterinarians. To explore car insurance policies and costs, call us at 800-272-1249 or go online.